Google uses the information you have in your listing to power it’s local algorithm. Your name, address and phone number, often times referred to as your NAP, need to be consistent across all directory listings. The consistency helps build the trust factor Google has with your business. Optimizing the information listed here is vital to any SEO strategy.
Near me searches have become very popular over the past few years. Searches that include near me are users searching for a business and are very likely to convert as a customer. Google uses the information provided in your Google Business Listing to match users searching for restaurants, gas stations or dentist offices nearest to their location.
Google is constantly updating the features it makes available to businesses. A few examples of these are:
- Appointment Links – If you use a scheduler on your site for customers to make appointments, you can now have that link prominent on your business listing. This allows customers to be sent directly to the scheduling page.
- Menu Links – This isn’t just for restaurants to show their menu of food items. Businesses can showcase all the services they offer.
- Special Hours – Businesses can set special hours for holidays or special times when the business is closed. Keeping your business hours updated is something your customers really appreciate.
- Dine or Takeout – Restaurants can let customers know if dine in is available or if takeout is the only option.
- Covid Message – Businesses can let customers know what their policy is prior to their visit.
Google Posts can be a great way to feature a new product, special offers or events you may be having at your business. Posts can be found at the bottom of the business listing. You can include an eye-catching graphic along with a description of the offer.