Do you need an SEO consultant?
The responsibility of an SEO consultant is to create a SEO strategy based on several factors including search keyword volume, link building and content to support your brand and products that customers search.
An SEO expert can guide the SEO strategy producing supporting pages to empower the website content further. The main goals are to increase Organic Traffic to a site as well as qualified business leads.
Questions for your SEO Consultant
An SEO consultant has a number of responsibilities. Before hiring a consultant make sure they are asking the right questions. Below is a list of items that your SEO consultant should performing on your website.
- What are the Client’s Objectives – Define the goals of the business clearly so that the client and the SEO consultant understand what should be measured to determine success.
- On-Page SEO – This includes optimizing the elements on the webpage which include H1 tags, keywords, internal linking and content hierarchy.
- Keyword Research – Performing keyword research is vital to targeting the correct customer base. It’s no longer necessary to flood content with one keyword. The approach should be looking at semantic keywords as well as long-tail keywords.
- Local SEO – This includes optimizing your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) through local citations like your Google Business Listing. Having consistency with your NAP throughout the web is key to showing up in local searches.
- Website Audit – Getting a baseline of any issues a site might have is essential for starting any web optimization.
- Technical SEO – This can include creating structured data for landing pages as well as analyzing canonicalization, sitemaps, missing alt text and metadata.
- Competitive Analysis – Check out the local competition and see what keywords or phrases they rank for or comparing their backlink profile to the client’s.
- Generating New Content Ideas – Content is still King in the SEO world. Creating new content not only keeps users coming back but helps expose your brand to other customers.
- Continual Improvement – The search engine algorithms are constantly changing and keeping up with all the updates is 100% necessary to stay ahead of the competition.
A SEO consultant can be a very valuable asset for local businesses. Understanding where your local business is currently ranking for important keywords can be the difference between showing up in search or asking yourself why the phone isn’t ringing.
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions or you would like to see how Rank High SEO can take your local business to the next level, contact us today. We offer a free website audit as well as a 30 minute SEO consultation.